Cheshire Fire Authority has launched a consultation on its draft Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) 2020-2024. The plan provides information on the risks facing Cheshire Fire Authority and details how the organisation is structured and operates to mitigate these risks. It also details how the Authority is funded and outlines key prevention, protection and emergency response plans over the next four years, which include:
- Extending the scope of our programme of home safety visits (Safe and Well) to incorporate a broader range of vulnerable people.
- Working with partner agencies to develop a strategic road safety plan to reduce the number of people killed or seriously injured on the roads.
- Reviewing the Service’s risk-based inspection programme of non-domestic properties.
- Launching a service-wide campaign aimed at owners and occupiers of houses in multiple occupation (HMOs).
- Relocating the second fire engine at Ellesmere Port Fire Station to Powey Lane Fire Station, with the current fire engine at Powey Lane moving to Chester Fire Station.
- Replacing a fire engine and the aerial appliance at Macclesfield Fire Station with a High-Reach Extendable Turret (HRET) vehicle.
- Changing the duty system at Wilmslow Fire Station from nucleus to day-crewing.
- Introducing a fleet of Rapid Response Rescue Units across all 13 primary on-call fire stations in Cheshire.
Further information is available on the Cheshire Fire Authority website https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk