The Government is currently consulting on options aimed at improving train performance in the Manchester area and north of England by:
1. simplifying and spacing service patterns more evenly
2. reducing the number of services running on the most congested part of the network
3. separating train movements as far as possible to minimise the amount of delay one train may cause on another
These options change the routing and frequency of some existing journeys.
The Government is asking for your views on:
1. the principles we have been following in developing these options
2. the details of the options, which are provided
3. how any proposed changes may affect your journey
More information about this consultation and how to respond can be found on the consultation webpage.
The consultation closes at s consultation closes at 11:59pm on 10 March 2021.